One of my favorite Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATS) is the highly popular tool (game) I use for informal assessment. It has high student engagement and may be quickly modified to your class. This power point based game is a twist on “Jeopardy”. It plays just like Alex Trebek’s (Alex Trebek's Bio) TV game. The BCIT automotive staff have constructed many of these games tailored to fit each course with very high successful feedback from the students. I generally use this game early on in the course where education is competency based but it is suitable for all models of classrooms with a computer and projector. It’s a very effective tool to determine what has been learned and what needs improvement. I found it to be very popular when I spilt the class in half and make two teams to add some non-threatening competition into the game. It also brings lots of engaging classroom discussion along the way and Ohhhh….. yes of course there is the “Daily Double” and the music from the show that goes with it!
If you want to try one of mine just send me a message and I will email one of the games
The Instant Jeopardy Review Game has been designed and dramatically improved to make it the perfect review game for a wide variety of classroom uses. This tool is a fun and interactive way to review content in your classroom, meeting, conference, or other group setting.
The new and improved version of the Jeopardy Review Game includes the following features:
- Simple insertion of pictures on Question and/or Answer slides
- Full support for symbols, such as exponents and wingdings style fonts
- Better support for foreign language Question and/or Answer slides
- Simpler visual editing process
- Embed anything in your question slides, even Youtube videos, flash objects, etc.
- Simple scorekeeping system
- Works on portable devices such as smartphones, iPad, and iPod Touch!